Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Cards, cards, cards get 'em while they last!

I love to swap cards and I do a fair amount of it during the summer and not at any other time. I use them as I can for birthdays and such but mostly I have tons of cards and nothing to do with them. I have been promising my church that I'd give them the ones I really didn't want but hadn't gotten around to it. A week ago in church a letter was read from a mom of 4 stationed in Afghanistan that received a box from our church. It brought tears to my eyes and I had a DUH! moment. I gathered up about a dozen cards to go into each of the 6 boxes. Then I set to work putting card bases on at least another 70 or so cards. I am proud to say that after much house cleaning that I've donated about 150 cards to my church and to the military personnel that will receive boxes from us!
Go Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment