1. the beginning of this blog hop
2. lots of gorgeous Make N Takes by our very own rockers
3. information on following the group so that you too can be a VC Rocker next year
http://www.vcrocks.blogspot.com/
Most of you have joined my blog from Crafting with Kim where she shared a gorgeous card in several of my favorite colors. You can go back to her blog by clicking below:
http://www.craftingwithkim.blogspot.com/
I have a card for you made with a new 2010/2011 In Color named Concord Crush, it's a deep purple that goes nicely with the others here, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White and Basic Black. Another new item is the bird & cage from Aviary! I just LOVE birds and this set was a must have as soon as my eyes gazed upon that new catalog. I've also used the new Elegant Lines embossing folder on the outside and just a touch on the inside of the card. The outside features the de-bossed (or inny side as I call it) and the inside of the card features the embossed (or outty side). The inside was run back through the Big Shot in order to flatten the design so it could be written over. Whisper white ink enhances the outside and tempting turquoise on the inside. Isn't this just the cutest thing?
I hope you've enjoyed my card share, please hop on over to Kimber Dunn's blog where ... do I see this correctly she has used flowers for her share. This is new for Kimber so do enjoy!
http://kraftykkreations.blogspot.com/
Oooohh...I love Concord Crush and I love your card! I hope you will join the Wood & Metal swap. :-) TFS, Brandy!
ReplyDeleteOMG! You put my card to SHAME...This is BEAUTIFUL. I love what you did with the whisper white craft....
ReplyDeleteLove it - great idea on the embossing and debossing - thanx for sharing with us!
ReplyDeleteSimply Gorgeous Miss Brandy!!! Congrats too on earning your Blog Hopper Badge!!!! Hugs, Loni, Rookie Moderator & Blog Hop Coordinator
ReplyDeleteJust the sound of Concord Crush is delicous. Your card is amazing. Thanks for sharing and Congrats on your Blog Hopper Badge.
ReplyDeleteI like that white ink on your debossing - what a clever customer Gail has in you!
ReplyDeleteAnd the bird thing? You haven't been letting Carolyn influence you have you?
Nope - I don't think those two had anything to do with this - this is just pure Brandy talent shining through!
Very very nice
The bird cage is lovely. TFS
ReplyDeleteGreat card. Love that Concord Crush! Your embossing/debossing explanation was super, and the white on the card makes it pop. TFS
ReplyDeleteBrandy, I love the way you've shaded that embossed image. Just lovely.
ReplyDeleteBrandy, this is just such a cool card! And of course, I love this set, it was the first one on my wish list. The colors and shading are just gorgeous.
ReplyDeletethanks for sharing,
Love the color combo and the highlighting on the front. Great card!
ReplyDeleteLove the card and color combination!
ReplyDeleteKris Sobolik
www.maddiebugdesigns.blogspot.com
ksobolik@hotmail.com
Mmmmm love the card. Isn't that folder great? Thanks for the inspiration.
ReplyDeleteCarey Rogers
aka Roscoe's mommy
Such a pretty card! Love the color's! Thanks so very much for sharing with us!
ReplyDeleteOh my! I love what you did with that embossing folder! Now I gotta go try! TFS!
ReplyDeleteadding the white ink just made this stunning!!
ReplyDeleteI didn't even know I liked this stamp set! Very nice card, isn't it fun when you see a great card someone makes using a stamp set you don't think you like and then you have to say---hmmm, maybe I need that stamp set.
ReplyDeleteI love these embossing folders, but now you have given me yet another tech to use with it! Thanks for the "Hot Tip" Really Pretty Card.
ReplyDeleteI like how soft the background is with the embossing/de-embossing! Did you use your new Big Shot? TFS!
ReplyDelete